Spicy Berry-Turkey & Brie Sliders
Sponsored by Arawak Farms: arawakfarm.com
Prep: 15 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes Serves 4;
1.25 lbs. lean ground turkey breast
2 Tbsp. EVOO
⅓ cup Arawak Farms Blueberry-Blackberry Spicy Fruit Spread
3 cloves garlic, pressed
sea salt & pepper to taste
½ large sweet onion, thinly sliced
slider buns or small rustic rolls
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon EVOO over medium heat. Add sliced onion and saute until caramelized, stirring occasionally, about 7-10 minutes.
- While onion is cooking, prepare the ground turkey slider patties. Place ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add garlic, fruit spread, and season with a few grinds of salt & pepper. Mix well (I use my hands).
- Form into 8 patties.
- When the onion is caramelized, remove to a bowl and set aside. Add 1 tablespoon EVOO to the cooking pan & spread evenly over the bottom. Add the turkey patties in 2 batches (4 at a time).
- Cook approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Tops should be lightly browned and completely cooked through when finished.
- To assemble the sliders: split the bun in half. Smear the top side with mayonnaise & mustard. Lay slices of avocado on the bottom side. Place cooked turkey patty on top. Add a slice of brie cheese, then top with caramelized onion and the remaining bun.
- Serve with a simple field greens salad on the side.
Make it gluten-free by serving without the bun or on a gluten-free bun.